Mail Relay Outbound setup with Outlook Express
Outlook Express - SMTP Authentication Configuration for Mail
Relay Outbound Service
To assist our users in using our Mail Relay
Outbound service, this document describe the procedures on how to configure
Outlook Express - SMTP Authentication Configuration to work with the service
1. Open Outlook Express
2. From the Tools menu select Accounts...
3. In the Internet Accounts window, highlight the your e-mail account
and select Properties
4. In the new window select the Servers tab change Outgoing
mail (SMTP) to relay.dnsexit.com and check My server requires
5. Click on Settings button to bring up Outgoing Mail Server
Account setup window. Check on Log on using and enter your account
login name and password. Check the Remember password so that
you won't be asked for login again. The Log on using Secure Password
Authentication is optional but suggested.
6. Under the step 4 window, select the Advanced tab and make
the following changes:
• Under Outgoing server (SMTP) enter Server Port Number
value to 25, 26, or 940.
If your ISP does not block port 25, you should better use 25. Be sure to leave
This server requires a secure connection (SSL) unchecked.
6. Click OK
7. Click Close and the e-mail should be set-up.